The Velazquez Family Singers
Born into a musical family, Victoria, Alexia, & Emmanuel Velazquez were singing before they could talk. With a father who is a member of Opera Ebony, the oldest surviving black opera company in America, and mother who was a R&B recording artist, singing came naturally to Velazquez children as walking did others. Now, at the ages of 16, 14, & 13, the children with their dad – Victor, are ready for what GOD has destined.
- Winners of 2006 & 2007 McDonald’s Gospelfest Competition
- Opening act – 2007 Black Girls Rock Awards, Lincoln Center, NYC.
- 2007 tour in Germany with the Children of God Choir
- 2008 Keedz CD – the VFS are featured soloists on 5 tracks. The CD was is released on Universal Records, France
- 2008 – Alexia was a featured soloist on Keedz’s 1st single –“Stand on the Word.” The video reached Number 1 on MTV France.
- 2008 – Alexia was a featured singer in the off Broadway production “Who Is A Virtuous Woman;”
- VFS recorded with Sarah Dash of Labelle on her 2009 gospel CD entitled “The Seventh Child.”
- 2009 the VFS performed at the Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York with Dr. Susan Johnson Cook (Dr. Sujay). Dr. Cook was recently appointed Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom by President Obama.
- 2009 released the VFS debut CD – “Family and Friends”
- 2009 filmed 2 music videos for the songs “The Prayer” and “Keep The Love Comin.”
- 2009 concert at Centennial NAACP National Convention, NYC.
- Sang a special tribute, “Young Gifted and Black” to Actress Raven Symone at the 2009 Black Girls Rock Awards, Times Center, NYC.
- 2010 Stellar Award Nominees – Children’s Project of the Year for the “Family & Friends” album
- 2010 Pathmark Gospel Choir Competition – Opening Act.
- 2010 released the single “While We Still Have Time” in support of the Haitian Earthquake Relief efforts.
- 2010 BET’s Black Girls Rock Awards Show – singing back – up for Jill Scott in the opening number “Golden.”
- 2011 Stellar Award Nominees – Children’s Project of the Year for our Haitian Earthquake Relief Project “While We Still Have Time.”
- 2012 Stellar Award Nominees – Children’s Project of the Year for the album CD – “10.”
- 2012 VFS Concert Series Tour of ”The Wiz” – winner of 7 Tony Awards
- 2102 From Mahalia to Mary Mary
- 2012 A Velazquez Family Singers Tribute to Whitney Houston
- 2012 Spokespersons: A Ronald Ferguson Holiday Children’s Music Project
- 2012 Featured on ‘A Ronald Ferguson Family and Friends Holiday w/ The Velazquez Family Singers’
- Fall 2013 The Velazquez Family Singers Show
America, keep your eye on The Velazquez Family Singers. Their sophomore project is complete and now available on iTunes, Amazon.com and CD Baby.
This Spring, the Velazquez Family Singers launched a Concert Series Tour of “The Wiz” to promote their love for the performing arts.
Cheryl Patterson and Universal Xperience I The Velazquez Family Singers PR Marketing Partner I email@example.com