Makes No Difference Who You Are, Believe
Sara’s House is preparing to provide enormous resources to over 100 plus expecting mothers in crisis and transition this year during their 6th Annual Community Baby Shower, Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 12:00p – 4:00p in the Banquet Hall of MountainTop International Word Ministry, 24061 Coolidge, Oak Park, MI 48237.
As Sara’s House helps expecting mothers
celebrate the life of their soon-to-be-born child, executive director, Geneva Jackson has gained support from UAW-Ford, Gardner White, Universal Xperience and Children’s Hospital. This year UAW-Ford is proud to be the official 2015 sponsor. The support is an added value and allows Sara’s House to better meet the needs of expecting mothers who are coming out of tragic situations. Many are homeless, others are fleeing domestic violence while some are runaway pregnant teenagers, struggling with depression, suicide and feeling alone.
In an interview with Rhonda Walker, WDIV TV 4 Detroit News Anchor, Jackson expressed, “The main thing the girls said over and over again, besides needing housing, was how badly they needed items for their babies and FOR THIS POPULATION THERE IS NO BABY SHOWER. This population can’t afford to CELEBRATE A NEW LIFE because they’re living minute by minute. They’re situations are TRAGIC.”
To create awareness, identify sponsors and design engaging social media campaigns, Sara’s House is excited to be represented by Cheryl Patterson and Universal Xperience, an exclusive PR, Social Media Marketing company with clients and partnerships like Perfecting Church’s Best Man Ministries, Who Ced Hat Line by Cedric the Entertainer, Multiple Grammy Award Songwriter/Producer Tommy Sims, The Honorable Judge Craig Strong, Jazz Katz Cajun Creole Restaurant & Jazz Lounge, The Tangerine Room, TVLand’s president Larry W. Jones and ‘In His Steps Magazine’ based in Lagos, Nigeria to name a few.
THE NEW PROCESS: HOW EXPECTING MOTHERS CAN PARTICIPATE
Sara’s House carefully screens each mother to ensure she meets the qualifiers to attend the Community Baby Shower and receive resources. Starting this year, after an expecting mom qualifies, she must attend a MANDATORY Financial Empowerment Workshop where she learns about saving, investing, budgeting, life insurance, the law of reciprocity and more. By attending one (1) workshop, moms are officially registered and obtain their VIP Community Baby Shower invitations. As an added value, moms who attend the Financial Empowerment Workshop are:
• guaranteed a FREE CAR SEAT! Car seats distributed at Community Baby Shower.
• entered into a drawing to win baby furniture at Gardner White! Winners announced at Community Baby Shower.
All Financial Empowerment Workshop are free and 2 hours in duration. Workshops start March 21 – April 24, 2015 and will be offered at various locations throughout southeast Michigan. Visit http://babyshower2015.eventbrite.com/ to pre register and find a workshop site in your area.
6TH ANNUAL COMMUNITY BABY SHOWER FACTS
• Occurs Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 12:00pm – 4:00pm
• Moms check-in at 11:00am
• Complimentary lunch and complimentary Mommy Portrait
• Health and Wellness Fair Vendors
• Joanne Moss from Children’s Hospital instructs on Car Seat Safety, SIDS & Perils of Sleeping with your Baby
• Banquet Hall of MountainTop International Word Ministry . 24061 Coolidge, Oak Park, MI 48237
• Celebrity Host is Comedian CoCo from Mason & CoCo in The Morning – 105.9 KISS FM
• Honorary Chairwoman is Tracey McCaskill, Promotions Director/On Air Host FM 98 WJLB and WMXD Mix 92.3
• Key Note Speaker is Melvenna Fant-Jones. Her riveting story proves she has walked a mile in their shoes yet emerged victorious and empowered through the help of organizations like Sara’s House. She is an associate of the American Bar Association and a member of the National Paralegal Association at a major law firm in southeast, MI.
• Visit http://babyshower2015.eventbrite.com/ to pre-register and find a workshop site in your area.
R&B recording artist ZanYe (Conversations) has agreed to perform her inspiring hit song TODAY IS THE DAY (I Can Make It). ZanYe recently released her sophomore album ‘Conversations’ and levered the event as a fund raiser for The Wright Museum where her special guest were Actor Darrin Henson (Soul Food, Stomp the Yard) and CoCo.
BECOME A SARA’S HOUSE WORKSHOP SITE
When a Church, School or Community Center becomes a Sara’s House Workshop Site, you help pregnant mothers celebrate the life of their unborn child in dignity and with joy. To become a site, please review the information provided below and call anytime to register and confirm the participation of your organization.
• Sara’s House Workshops are 2 hours in length.
• Sara’s House Workshop can be held any day of the week.
• Sara’s House Workshop has an attendance of 25-50 participating mothers.
• You provide the space, tables and chairs. We provide the rest.
• Sara’s House Workshops can begin at your organization starting March 21 – April 24, 2015
Sara’s House welcomes interview and sponsorship opportunities through their partner Cheryl Patterson and Universal Xperience, email@example.com or 313.434.3589.